Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why I HATE May 24

Today. SUCKED. 

To start things off, I couldn't wake up this morning and woke up 45 minutes late.  Luckily my dad loved me enough to poke his head in my room and wake me up before he left for work.  Got up. Got ready.  fine.

Jumped on the freeway to head to work.  Took the wrong dumb fork.  followed this new highway until I finally realized I was going the wrong direction!  luckily this highway took me back to Maumelle where I turned around and followed it back to work.  I only had 20 minutes to get there.  I sped and drove like a city girl and got there on time.

Work. Still in training.  It has been so slow paced that we spend half the day sitting around talking story (but hey, at least I'm getting paid to talk story).  Jimmy kid still seems a little too interested, but he's one of those weird kids that drinks, smokes, is socially awkward, and is a little bit nerdy.  I also overheard him talking about his girlfriend.. so he should probably calm down.

I also need a form of paper ID (birth cert., ss card, etc.), but of course, I didn't bring any with me from Idaho.  They need it by tomorrow morning or I'll get fired.  GREAT!  I thought bringing in a copy would work, so I had my mom scan in my birth certificate and email it to me.  Apparently my employers won't take a COPY... THEY are the ones that have to make the copy.  make sense to you?  doesn't make sense to me.  The receptionist (who won't let me talk to HR and insists on telling me she knows everything) told me That I could bring in paper work saying that I have applied for a replacement Social...

which leads me to the next fun adventure of the day.  Finding the Social Security Office.  I call my loving father to ask him to help me find the place (of COURSE I don't have the GPS... I left it in my step sisters' car and it's in Conway).  I write down directions and brave the roads of downtown Little Rock.  Of COURSE there's traffic, of COURSE there's road work.. making my drive and day that much more stressful!  I finally find the building (labeled "ONE FINANCIAL BUILDING."  I immediately have doubts.  I looked at the directory in the lobby... the suite number given to me by my father says "BLAHBLAH, BLAH attorney at law" ...... WHAT?!  so I spend the next hour in the 90 degree temperature trying to figure out where I need to go and if they'll even replace my card.  I was on the phone with my sister, my dad, and my step mom.  My step mom found the office that I need to go to and gave me the number.  I called it, they told me I had the wrong number and gave me the right one.  I called that one and was put on hold for...  10 minutes...  then I get a text from my step mom that says I need my birth certificate to get a social security card.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! 

So I decide to cry and go home.  I called Jimmy (my fiance not the work creep) and cried for 10 minutes while driving home.  after I got off the phone with him I tried to social security office one last time and the guy that answered told me "you only need a birth certificate if you've never had one before" .......  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!  I could have driven 10 minutes down the road from the financial building and had my stupid documentation right now. 

The new plan is to fill out the paper work this evening and take it in when their office opens at 8 and be to work by 9. 

EFF MAY 24.

and can i just say one last thing?  eff you MSI for not taking my stupid birth certificate copy.  you're a bad word that I will not say right now.  JERKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment